ShoreMaster : Shore Power Supply Solution for Portside Applications (Shore to Ship )
The environmental footprint of port areas is under close observation. Governments, port authorities and ship owners are seeking different solutions to reduce emissions from ships while they are engaged in port operations. One solution to this problem has been identified as connecting ships in port to an onshore power supply, where electricity from the shore-based grid is used to power ships’ infrastructure used for hosting crew and passengers while docked, and for cargo-handling activities.
Many of the port and marina operators are now offering vessels the opportunity to “plug into” the local city power supply grid on the dockside so the vessel can turn off its engines while at port. However many countries have their own local power distribution grid voltages.
Also when a ship is at berth, the engines are turned off but would normally continue to run its diesel engine generators to power all of the on board auxiliaries such as air conditioning, heating, lighting, battery charging, communications, water pump and other utility services.
These power diesel generators produce noise; vibrations; exhaust smoke; air pollution; gases; and CO2 emissions, as well as consume vast amounts of unpleasant smelling diesel fuel.
Helping Ports to Reduce Environmental Footprint
Ensmart ShoreMaster Series Frequency Converter offers solution to this challenge. shutting down the vessel’s engine driven auxiliary power generators and regulates output voltage and frequency according to the needs of the ship with voltages and frequencies similar to the input.
Benefits for ports:
• Reduce pollution in port areas
• Improved working conditions for operators
• Have a new source of revenue
Benefits for vessels:
• Reduce fuel costs, where electricity is less expensive than using fuel
• Reduce engine maintenance costs and increase the life time
• Benefit from port fees discounts
• Meet regulations
Maximum Plug and Play Power for The Ships at Berth
Ensmart ShoreMaster Series Frequency Converters in sizes from 10-1000kVA three phase 50Hz and 60hz output offers solution:
• Shutting down the vessel’s engine driven auxiliary power generators,
• Regulating output voltage and frequency according to the needs of the ship with voltages and frequencies similar to the input.
Frequency Converter Features
• IGBT Rectifier and Inverter Technology
• Output Power Factor 0.9 (Optional1)
• DSP Control • Ultra High Efficiency up to 96%
• Low Input Current THD (<3%)
• High Input Power Factor (>0,99)
• Frequency Range 40-70Hz
• Wide Range Input Voltage
• Overload and Short Circuit Protection
• Parallel Operation (Up to 8)
• 1000 Real Time Event Log With Detailed Parameters
• Front Access for Easy Maintenance
• Advanced User Interface
• Excellent Generator Compatibility
• EPO (Emergency Shutdown)
• Galvanic Isolation
• Auto Restart
• Short MTTR (Average Repair Period)
• Backfeed Protection
• Output Power Factor 1
• Reactor Transformer (Capacitive Kit)
• Manual Maintenance ByPass
Highly Efficient, Advanced Power Design
• Less energy consumption to supply the loads thanks to high efficiency up to 96%.
• IGBT based PFC technology provides input power factor close to 1 (≥ 0,99) and leads to reduced electricity pay-out,
minimizes cable, investment cost.
• Low input current total harmonic distortion (THDi) less than 3% helps to avoid the disturbance and expensive harmonic filters
• High Quality Components
• Tested, Approved, Documented
• Compliant with IEC 80005 international standard
• Marine and Offshore Certified
Scalable and Flexible
• Can be installed in parallel for power increase and
• Can be easily relocated at berth
• Frequency Converter can be Modular or Stand Alone
• Can be built in 20ft, 40ft Containers or HVAC IP65
• Enclosure with various configurations